The Fayette Area Chamber of Commerce was begun in 1960 to advance the commercial, industrial, agricultural and civic interest of Fayette and its trade area. The Chamber is a membership organization comprised of local businesses, owners and executives who believe strongly in the free enterprise system. The Chamber provides a host of programs and services designed to help businesses of all sizes grow and prosper.
One of the important benefits of membership is NETWORKING! This is done in several different ways, for example:
1st Tuesday luncheons, which include a format for community announcements
and an informative speaker on timely subjects.
· Ribbon Cuttings and Grand Opening Assistance will be provided to all Chamber members and prospective members. Photos of these events are featured in the local paper.
· Referrals are made including names and phone numbers to people inquiring about goods, service, and visiting opportunities. The Chamber office is open four days a week from 8 until 1 to serve its membership.
· Event Sponsorships through the chamber help to promote your business.
· Alabama Entrepreneurial Research Network Center in partnership with the University of Alabama is housed at Fayette Depot. AERN’s role is to make marketing packages, statistics, and other economic data available to the business opener.
· The Chamber works with the Workforce Development Coordinator to help improve the workforce.
· Small business owners are eligible for free membership in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Membership gives you access to the U.S., Chamber online resource library, weekly e-newsletter, and discounts on various products and services to help your business.
· The Chamber serves as the Tourism/Visitor information center for the city. Businesses are referred concerning places to stay, eat, and shop.
· Local businessmen and women present a program called CHOICES annually to encourage middle school students to stay in school.
· Outstanding students from each school are recognized for their accomplishments in the spring.
· The Chamber cosponsors the Adult Leadership Class and encourages the youth leadership class and engages them in various projects.
For membership information call the Chamber office at 932-4587.
102 2nd Avenue
|Home - About - Newcomers - Visitors - Business - Directory - Calendar - Contact|
|Copyright © 2011 Fayette Area Chamber of Commerce; All Rights Reserved|